The College of Business Administration is committed to providing quality education to its students and to prepare them in becoming business professionals through academic programs and applied learning approaches. We seek to inculcate life-long learning aspirations in students, so that they keep advancing themselves to meet the changing needs of the market.
The College’s portfolio of programs aspires to prepare students for employment and to inspire them to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity. Such programs promote critical thinking, creativity and advanced practices, with an interdisciplinary approach to applying fundamental, theoretical, and practice-led inquiries into contemporary business and management solutions.
College of Business Administration Curriculum at The American University in the Emirates received International Accreditation by Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). CIMA has partnered with AICPA (American Institute of CPAs) and the merger is now named AICPA- Association of International Certified Professional Accountants and is the world’s largest professional body of management accountants.
The accreditation resulted in COBA specializations attaining equivalency and exemptions from CIMA that will ensure graduating market-ready students in the field of Business. Five of COBA specializations namely; Accounting, Finance, Business Management, HRM and e-commerce & Marketing have attained curriculum equivalency. At the undergraduate level, Accounting Specialization attained the maximum exemptions while MBA Program has achieved maximum exemptions which any graduate program can achieve. AUE is now listed on CIMA website’s “exemptions search” to inform students of the exemptions pertaining to their specialization and year of completion and can be found here:
Students can benefit from these exemptions and attain the elite CGMA - Chartered Global Management Accountant certification.
We strive to be an active community and a national and regional member in higher education, committed to graduate practice-oriented specialists, fostering innovative leaders and providing lifelong learning opportunities through novel market-oriented programs and applied research.
- Align curriculum with the market demands and socio-economic factors
- Cultivate a continuous improvement model which is informed from diverse stakeholders
- Empower faculty members’ research and optimize the utility of the available resources, while focusing on research led teaching.
- Create and develop intellectual contributions that aim to address contemporary challenges in business settings.
- Integrate applied curriculum initiatives and practical aspects within the educational offerings
- Assimilate practice oriented approach to learning
- Build a nexus of students, faculty and business community that creates improved and flexible learning approaches to learning approaches in the field of business administration.
- Provide topical lifelong learning opportunities to meet the educational needs of the business community.