Does being one of the first young people in the UAE to receive a unique degree in Education sound interesting to you? The College of Education offers three specializations that are exciting and in demand. Your bachelors of education degree will open doors to a future where you are helping people succeed in their own lives while building your career in fields that are in demand worldwide. You can choose from three tracks of study that prepare you for the world of education. The College of Education gives you the skills and experience to unlock the doors to leadership, helping young people change their lives and becoming part of a constantly growing and changing industry.
The Specialization offered at the College of Education:
Bachelor of Education in:
These programs of study provide students with a grounded understanding in education policies and processes from across the world. You gain the knowledge and strategies you need to continue learning and improving your skills for the rest of your career. Unique to the region, these programs will place you in a perfect position to become leaders in your fields. The College of Education values excellence in teaching above all else, and we deliver this to you through exciting and innovative courses in an interesting and dynamic environment.
Each track of study includes internships and practical experiences where you can see how what you are studying works in the real world. By the end of your time here at the College of Education you will have gained invaluable experience, made lifelong friends and grown beyond your own expectations.
To provide a learning environment employing contemporary teaching methodologies in the delivery of general education courses and its academic programs.
CEDU focuses on three key areas for development and improvement: academic excellence, research, and community engagement. Each area has several goals and objectives. In addition, all these goals and objectives are aligned with both the AUE vision and mission and with the CEDU’s own mission. CEDU has developed its strategies to achieve the goals and objectives of each area as follows:
- The engagement of students in an active and evolving learning environment
- The continuous review and improvement of course curricula to reflect current international trends in scholarship and instruction
- All CEDU faculty to be engaged in active research in their fields of study and contributing to the international body of literature and knowledge in said fields
- Research will support teaching practice that reflects the current states of knowledge development in the fields in which faculty are teaching
- Participate and initiate community service initiatives that support the needs of the national and local community in line with the college mission
- Active encouragement of student body to participate in same
- To enhance appropriate technical, creative, and analytical skills needed to enrich education systems in the region through the design and use of current educational technologies
- Demonstrate and articulate the skills necessary to contribute to positive learning environments through the use of educational technologies
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to remain current in the field and appropriately apply technologies to specific educational contexts.
- Acquisition of knowledge, skills, and attributes that are necessary for those who intend to build their career in educational psychology and counseling.
- Articulate and apply current best practices in the counseling of learners and in serving as an institutional focal point for educational psychology and counseling expertise.
- Development of skills for creating, and assisting learners in creating, learning environments that support diversified learning styles, multiculturalism, and that are free from prejudice.
- Articulate and apply contextually appropriate administrative and supervisory practices in line with current international norms.
- Demonstrate ability and knowledge to actively contribute to planning and administration in the education sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of being an independent, competent, ethical, professional educational administrator possessing the skills necessary to contribute to inclusive and supportive working and learning environments.