Major Gen. Dr. Ahmed Nasser Al Raisi
Major Gen. Dr. Ahmed Nasser Al Raisi
Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Major General Dr. Ahmed Naser Al Raisi is currently serving as the President of Interpol, while also acting as leading law enforcement officer in the UAE. In April 2015, he was appointed General Inspector of the Ministry of Interior in the UAE after leaving an indelible mark upon the Abu Dhabi Police Force where he served as General Directorate of Central Operations.
Dr. Al Raisi joined the Abu Dhabi Police in 1980 and started his career in 1986 as an officer in the Burglar Alarm Branch. He then became Director of the Forensic and Science Institute; Head of the IT Division in the Telecommunication and Information Systems Department; and Director of the IT and Telecom Department.
In 2005, he was appointed as General Director of Central Operations for the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ. In addition to this, he was appointed as General Director of E-services in the UAE Ministry of Interior.
Dr. Al Raisi obtained his Doctorate in Policing, Security and Community Safety from London Metropolitan University (2013); his MBA in Business Administration (Innovative Management) from Coventry University (2010); his Diploma (Police Management) from the University of Cambridge (2004); and his BSc. (Computer Science) from Otterbein College (1986).
Even at early stages of his career, Dr. Al Raisi displayed a penchant for new technologies to boost effectiveness and efficiency of services for the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ and its clients. He spared no effort to provide training opportunities for staff by facilitating courses, workshops, seminars, conferences and relevant events inside and outside the country, thus orchestrating the rapid development of all departments of the Central Operations Directorate and boosting the skills and efficiency of the staff. His deep commitment to ensure that best practices are followed, and his solid contribution to achieving the vision and mission of both Abu Dhabi Police GHQ and the UAE Ministry of Interior has helped to turn Abu Dhabi police force into what it is today.
Dr. Al Raisi has been involved in leading or supervising many successful strategic programs. Among these are the development of a UAE Search and Rescue team to earn UN recognition as a Heavy SAR Team; implementation of the IRIS recognition project, which has been upgraded and enforced with the latest technological innovations. In addition, Dr. Al Raisi has supervised the use of biometrics for disaster victim identification; the GIS, e-order system; and e-passport, facial recognition project. He has also contributed to the development of national ID card project and the establishment of Abu Dhabi Police Disasters Victims and Causality Bureau, which is linked with Interpol.
Dr. Al Raisi has also taken the lead in the propagation of the emergency preparedness concept locally and has been instrumental in paving the way for the establishment of an Emergency Medicine Academy (EMA) in Abu Dhabi Police GHQ. This project has been planned in conjunction with the Disaster Medicine Section of Harvard Medical School to provide high quality education in pre-hospital emergency medicine and the paramedic training that prepares candidates to make a positive contribution to society.
In recognition of his distinguished contributions Dr. Al Raisi has earned dozens of medals and prizes, locally and internationally. The most important of these are:
- The Information Technology Executive of the year as Gold Stevie Winner (2014).
- The 10th Middle East CEO of the year award.
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Government Excellence Award.
- Abu Dhabi Government Excellence Award.
- Citizen ID Forum Award (2014).
- First Class Rescue Medal presented by H.H. Lt. Gen. Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Interior.
- Commander Leadership Medal presented by H.H. Lt. Gen. Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Interior.
- Ajman Police Medal.
- Medal of Excellence for Emirates Search and Rescue (SAR) Team for obtaining UN-INSARAG external classification (IEC), ranking first among other SAR teams throughout the Middle East and Africa.
- ID Outstanding Achievement Award, ID People Awards (2007), Milan, Italy.
- Rashid Award for Outstanding Academic Performance.
In addition, Dr. Al Raisi has occupied several key positions such as:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Baniyas Club.
- Chairman, MOI Integrated Services Centre Project.
- Member of the Board of Trustees, American University in the Emirates.
- Member of the Executive Committee of UAE ID Authority.
- Chairman, e-passport project committee.
- Chairman, supervising committee for UAE SAR team heavy classification project.
- Board Member/Executive Office member of the National Olympics Committee.
- Board Member/Executive Office member of the School Olympics Committee.
- Chairman of Casualty Bureau Committee.
- Chairman of the Technical Task Team for Population Register.
- Chairman of Medical Advisory Committee for pre-hospital services.
- Chairman of Higher Committee for Modern Projects and Technologies.
- Board Member of the Privatization Group.
- Chairman, the Internal Security & Counter-Terrorism Plans Review Committee.
- Chairman of the UAE Shooting Association.
- Chairman, Shooting Organizing Committee of Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC).
- Member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP).
- Member of the ISSF Executive Committee and a Member of the International Shooting Sport Federation.