Graphic Design, being one of the foremost means of communication today, allows students to develop personal visual responses that will stand out from the crowd. Students will have the opportunity to create ground breaking designs to meet a variety of graphic needs, including advertising, packaging, print media, branding and web production. Many companies rely on graphic arts professionals to create brand communications concerning their business objectives. A degree in the Graphic Design program from AUE can help you to take your creative talents into the fast-paced business world.
Large design studios, state-of-the-art electronic media, printing facilities and an extensive library are all on hand for students to use in an open and engaging learning environment.
Good design is good business! Graphic Design at AUE offers students the chance to study a diverse range of disciplines including packaging, branding, advertising and publishing in order to ensure the most up-to-date training in professional design.
At AUE, we encourage learners to develop technical, creative and critical thinking skills that are essential to succeed in today's demanding design industry. Students will be encouraged to develop ideas through experimentation and investigation, with the aim of challenging them to explore the broadest possibilities when responding to design briefs. Our inspirational lectures, workshops, presentations and tutorial support are designed to give students the best possible introduction to a career in design across a wide range of media.
1. Demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge in fashion design concepts and processes using industry terminology.
2. Use and integrate knowledge and relevant technologies, methodologies, and professional skills into meaningful visual communication design solutions.
3. Apply critical thinking and analytical skills per creative industry standards.
4. Produce a satisfactory body of creative work, appropriate for a professional position in the visual communication industry.
5. Appraise graphic design practices, ethical and social responsibilities in regional and global contexts.