Making Your Application
After You Apply
Before You Apply
Applicants should make sure they submit their application before the following submission deadlines:
A) Holders of a UAE Secondary School Certificate
Please submit an original copy of the General Secondary School Certificate, attested by the UAE Ministry of Education. The minimum average score required for direct admission is based on the academic stream followed by the applicant during their senior school year.
- For All undergraduate programs except for (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, and Bachelor of Science in Design), applicants should fulfil the below minimum score for direct admission
- Elite stream: Minimum average is 70%
- Advance/ Scientific stream: Minimum average is 75%
- General/ literary stream: Minimum average is 80%
- Other Streams (Technical, Vocational, Commercial ,,, etc): Minimum Average is 80%
- For applicants to the, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, and Bachelor of Science in Design The minimum score average required for direct admission is based on the academic stream followed by the applicants during their senior school year, as following:
- Elite stream: Minimum average is 75%
- Advance/ Scientific stream: Minimum average is 80%
- General/ literary stream: Minimum average is 85%
- Other Streams (Technical, Vocational, Commercial): Minimum Average is 85%
B) International students
For all foreign undergraduate applicants in possession of a qualification other than a UAE High School Certificate, the same minimum average score criteria described in part A applies, along with the following conditions:
- The qualification certificate is considered for admissions to public universities in the applicant’s country of origin.
- The certificate was obtained after at least 11 years of schooling.
- The certificate includes at least 6 subjects covering the following four subject areas: Mathematics, Science, Languages, and the Social Sciences and Humanities or Arts.
- Holders of high school certificates from countries with two-levels of high school qualification must submit the certificate of the higher level.
- A Certificate of Equivalency for the high school certificate is submitted along with the application. The Certificate of Equivalency may be obtained from the UAE Ministry of Education.
C) Holders of an American High School Diploma
- For holders of an American High School Diploma, the same minimum score averages for admission as stipulated in part A apply. However, applicants are also required to submit a Certificate of Equivalency for their High School Diploma, which may be obtained from the UAE Ministry of Education.
D) Holders of a British system certificate (IGCSE, GCSE, A-Level etc.) The minimum qualification required for university admission is a total of seven subjects at O-Level and AS/A2-Level (five subjects at O-level plus two subjects at AS/A2-Level), with a minimum grade of C. The courses should cover at least four of the following fields:
- Social Studies and Humanities
- Arts and Design
In addition, students will need to submit the following documents to complete their admission:
- School Leaving Certificate (Grade 13)
- A Certificate of Equivalency for their high school qualification from the UAE Ministry of Education.
Probation Admission Students who did not achieve the minimum average required for direct admission (except for Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Business Administration applicants) will be probationary admitted for one semester, where they will be allowed to enrol in a maximum of 12 credit hours. However, these students should achieve a minimum CGPA of 2.0 by the end of the semester. Students who fail to achieve the aforementioned condition, will be dismissed from the program.
- The home-edition of the TOEFL and IELTS tests are not accepted; candidates should sit for the test in authorized testing centers.
- For programs taught in English, Applicants Should provide valid copy of the following:
TOEFL ITP score of 500 or above (note: the TOEFL ITP can be taken at any of the accredited higher education institutions in the UAE).
TOEFL iBT, score of 61 or above.
IELTS Academic score of 5.0 or above.
EmSAT English 1100
In alignment with UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) standards, applicants to specific programs as required to demonstrate their proficiency in a set of science subjects related to their field of study, the applicants can demonstrate their competency by fulfilling any of proficiency requirements specified in the below table:
Academic Degree Program
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Law
Students who are unable to meet the admission requirements regarding the TOEFL or IELTS English Proficiency test scores (see above) are conditionally admitted to the Intensive English Program (IEP) offered by the English Language Institute (ELI)—provided that they obtain the required scores of 500+ (TOEFL), 5.0+ (Academic IELTS), or 61+ (iBT TOEFL) before the end of their first semester at the university.
New students on all undergraduate programs will have to sit for placement tests as per their program of study.
All new undergraduate students will need to sit for placement tests in computer technology. Students who fail the test will need to take a preparatory course in computer technology during their first semester at AUE.
All new undergraduate students at the College of Computer Information Technology and the College of Business Administration will need to take a placement test in Mathematics. Students who fail the test will need to take a preparatory course in Mathematics during their first semester at AUE.
All new undergraduate students at the College of Computer Information Technology will need to take a placement test in Physics. Students who fail the test will need to take a preparatory course in Physics during their first semester in AUE.
All new undergraduate students at the College of Law or enrolled in the Bachelor of Public Relations (Arabic stream) will need to take a placement test in Arabic. Students who fail the test will need to take a preparatory course in Arabic during their first semester in AUE.
All new undergraduate students at the College of Design will need to take a placement test in Drawing. Students who fail the test will need to take a preparatory course in Drawing during their first semester in AUE.
Students studying preparatory courses will only be able to enrol in a maximum of 12 credit hours of regular courses during their first semester of study.
You can submit your application using the below button:
Kindly make sure to read the admission requirements carefully before applying.
Once you have completed the application form and uploaded the required documents, you will be given a tracking number in order to track the status of your application.
If successful, you will receive an emailed confirmation of place from the admission office as soon as possible.
Take the next step towards you future career.