From the sophisticated design studios, as well as being inspired by international fashion leaders in Paris, London, Milan and New York, AUE young designers will find that the Fashion Design program offers the ideal platform towards achieving international fashion fame. AUE provides a secure and stimulating environment, where students learn professional techniques, as well as fashion theories. These are balanced with practice by utilizing the latest fashion design computer programs and laboratories to create garments for the students to compete in local and international fashion shows. Students will learn all the aspects of the fashion industry, including design, marketing, merchandising, manufacturing, draping, textiles, retailing and the business of fashion.
The program offers students the ideal setting for creativity with large design studios, which include dress forms, sewing machines, garment cutting tables, as well as apparel construction rooms and textile labs. We also provide state-of-the-art computer labs using the latest fashion design computer programs and printing facilities, as well as an extensive library with the latest fashion and textile books and resources. All these facilities are available for students on the premises to use in a professional and engaging learning environment.
Working under the direction of experienced practitioners, students are encouraged to be creative thinkers who seek to implement their design ideas to foster innovation and a uniqueness in their style. The College of Fine Arts and Design has wide range of connections with the local and international fashion scenes. Through this, it creates a learning environment of creative problem-solving with a thorough understanding of student specializations and an in-depth knowledge of the changing factors that affect their industry.
1. Demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge in fashion design concepts and processes using industry terminology.
2. Integrate knowledge and relevant technologies, techniques and equipment to achieve innovative design solutions.
3. Apply trend research, design aesthetics and creative skills per industry standards.
4. Produce a satisfactory body of creative work appropriate for a professional position in the fashion industry.
5. Appraise fashion design practices, ethical and social responsibilities in regional and global contexts.