The graduate program is an interdisciplinary, but specialized program, reaching out to practice, over theory. It analyzes and addresses current and emerging security and Intelligence challenges and opportunities.
The program prepares students, for a professional orientation in the Intelligence specialization and even more so in information analysis framework.
The program’s curriculum standards comply with the National Qualifications Framework of the UAE Level 9, Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) international accreditation standards, and International Association for Intelligence Education (IAFIE) education standards. The program is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education.
Perspective students are provided with specialized knowledge spectrum in elements of Intelligence and information analysis regionally and globally. Students are keen in joining a framework of education that goes hand in hand with the security resilience policy of the UAE vision 2030, to meet the national and international educational standards; to offer knowledge capacity building and continuity through the world of security and global affairs.
The Master program, is designed for early and mid-career professionals; academically qualified graduates with B.A. or other higher degrees in the following fields but not limited to : International Relations, Political Science, International Studies, Security and Strategic Studies, Law, Humanities, Crisis Management, Criminology or a closely related or inter-related fields such as Communication, and Business, with specialization to security, strategy and international affairs, among others.
To apply for the Master’s program, students should meet all requirements of admission. All degrees should be in compliance with the Ministry of Higher Education and graduates applying should reflect recognized and accredited Universities by the UAE. International Degrees, should be attested first before applying.
- Define and demonstrate the theory, history and contribution of the discipline of intelligence and security.
- Appraise collected data/information using a variety of analytic techniques and methodologies to produce original and advanced research in the Security and Intelligence field.
- Contextualize the principles of Security and Intelligence to evaluate intelligence and security threats.
- Apply critical thinking and innovative problem-solving skills for analyzing and reporting Security and Intelligence issues.
- Acquire the necessary skills to manage intelligence structures, functions, processes and practices in the UAE and GCC context.