The Bachelor of Education in Special Education aims to provide inclusive education that is an essential function for schools to educate children with special needs. Preparing teachers to teach in such contexts require both depth and breadth of content, pedagogy and practice, as well as specific knowledge and skills to work effectively with all students to promote learning and development and fostering of the appropriate dispositions and attitudes to be successful.
Upon completing the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the models, theories, and philosophies in the field of special education.
- Design pedagogically appropriate measures for students with special needs
- Apply effective teaching skills for diverse learners
- Demonstrate and articulate the use of educational technology (ICT) in a class to contribute to a positive learning environment for inclusive education and enrich educational systems in the region
- Manage a culturally responsive learning environment that support diversified learning styles and are based on ethical practices.
- Establish and promote appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities and talents.