The course explains the sport governing and policymaking bodies in detail including recreational sport, amateur athletics, Olympic and professional sport. The course highlights the sport governance and policymaking processes in GCC countries.
This course examines the application of basic principles of business marketing to diverse sectors in the sport industry. The course explores the basics of sport market segments (spectators and participants), and builds on that to identify principles for creating and maintaining deep relationships with the sport consumer. It also explores marketing operations for sport including database marketing, customer relations, and brand and line extensions in sport. It presents the basics of sponsorship, including the sponsor-sport property partnership, activating sponsorships, and assessing sponsorship effectiveness.
- Integrate theoretical knowledge with practical skills across sport management functional competency areas.
- Demonstrate critical thinking by evaluating the economic, ethical, social and legal impacts of sport management decisions and issues.
- Demonstrate professional written, oral, and technical communication skills.
- Conduct academic and professional research; i.e. collect, evaluate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Evaluate key similarities and differences across diverse regional and global sport management contexts and collaborate with diverse individuals across various sport organizations.