The Master of Arts (MA) in Security and Strategic Studies offered at the American University in the Emirates (AUE) is a rigorous interdisciplinary program that combines both theory and practice. It identifies, analyzes and addresses current and emerging security challenges and threats. The program prepares students through educational and research led courses for national and international positions.
The program’s curriculum standards are framed according to the QF of Emirates level 9 and the CAA standards. Graduate students are provided with a broad but also specialized knowledge in regional and global, security and strategic affairs. Students with interdisciplinary approach and knowledge but also working related experiences are welcome to apply.
The MA in Security and Strategic Studies, is designed for professionals and academically qualified graduates with B.A. or other higher degrees from the field of International Relations, Political Science, International Studies, Security and Strategic Studies, Law, Humanities or a closely related or inter-related fields such as communication, and business with specialization to security, strategy and international affairs.
For consideration of application for the MA program, students should complete all requirements. As projected in the website. All degrees should be from accredited universities in the UAE and international degrees should be attested first before applying.
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of the concepts and principles of Security and Strategy from various perspectives through inter-disciplinary, and critical approaches.
- Interpret the current complex challenges from various paradigms and trends in Security and Strategy through advanced research and communication skills.
- Examine the highly complex, unpredictable and unfamiliar environments in Security and Strategy and provide solutions for real world scenarios.
- Manage professional practices in multidimensional environment in the field of Security and Strategy in complex situations.
- Contribute the advancement of professional knowledge and practices in the field of Security and Strategy to produce original and advanced research abiding by culture and ethical framework.