The Interior Design program aims to teach students how to analyze design factors based on understanding the project objectives, goals and end user requirements. The course work includes design, analysis, construction and job administration. Students will be expected to conduct a wide range of research and on-site examination of areas selected for project work.
The primary objective of the interior design courses in the American University in the Emirates is to equip students with creative awareness, professional attitudes, imagination and technical knowledge required for this profession. Interior Design is a multifaceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are adopted within the building to maintain and achieve an interior environment through systematic design processes and techniques. The program objectives are as follows:
The College has large design studios, state-of-the-art facilities provided with the latest electronic media and printing equipment and an extensive library filled with the latest tutorial educational resources relevant to interior design. They are all available for students to use in an engaged learning environment.
Students will be studying under the direction of experienced architects, engineers and tutors. Students will work towards projects in both commercial and residential interiors, developing a sense of how people function inside and outside these spaces. They will develop a range of live projects with themes including leisure and public interior spaces.
- Demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge in interior design concepts, processes and practices.
- Use and integrate knowledge and relevant technologies, methodologies, and professional skills into meaningful interior design solutions.
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills per industry standards.
- Produce a satisfactory body of interior design work, appropriate for a professional position in the industry.
- Appraise sustainable interior design practices in regional and global contexts.