Have you always wanted to know behind-the-scenes secrets of Pixar and Freej? This program offers aspiring animators the opportunity to create their own movie magic by fusing cinematic storytelling with digital technology and finding their own creative voice with close guidance and encouragement from experienced faculty and guest speakers.
Our digital design and drawing studios are fully equipped to allow learners to develop 2D and 3D work through both traditional and modern means. Students have access to a range of state-of-the art digital design programs and facilities.
This degree is designed to teach students everything they need to know about animation principles, current techniques and industry standards. Students will be primed to make their mark in this exciting field, producing work in professional, creative and stimulating environments. Students will benefit from direct contact with highly experienced animation artists and tutorial staff and will be encouraged to develop skills across traditional and modern animation disciplines, including subjects such as figure drawing, contextual studies and the handling of state-of-the-art digital programs.
1. Demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge in digital animation concepts and processes.
2. Use and integrate knowledge and relevant technologies, methodologies, and professional skills into meaningful animation and time-based solutions.
3. Apply critical thinking and analytical skills per animation industry standards..
4. Produce a satisfactory body of animation work, appropriate for a professional position in the industry.
5. Appraise digital animation practices, ethical and social responsibilities in regional and global contexts.